Blinken discusses Iran threat during call with Israeli FM
Arab News -Jan 2nd 2023
- Blinken underscored the United States’ commitment to the US-Israel partnership and to Israel’s security
- He also emphasized the continued US commitment to a two-state solution and opposition to policies that endanger its viability
LONDON: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken discussed the threat from Iran during a phone call with Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen on Monday.
Blinken congratulated Cohen, who took office last week as part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s new hard-right coalition government, on his appointment during the call.
The secretary of state also underscored the United States’ abiding commitment to the US-Israel partnership and to Israel’s security.
Blinken discussed continued US efforts to advance mutual interests such as Israel’s further regional integration, including through the Negev Forum.
He also discussed addressing shared challenges and promoting common values that have been at the heart of the relationship between the US and Israel.
He also emphasized the continued US commitment to a two-state solution and opposition to policies that endanger its viability.
Read more on the original:


It may not feel like it, but hope is on the horizon: Trump, Netanyahu and Putin’s powers appear to be waning
China: ‘No point’ in continuing Iran war
Iran war live: Chinese vessels allowed to sail Hormuz as Trump meets Xi
Trump says no need for China’s help on Iran as shippers seek way through Hormuz
The Voter Guide for June 2026 Primary Election
US war on Iran has cost around $29bn, Pentagon says