Iran gives ‘detailed answers’ to UN inspectors over 2 sites where man made uranium particles found
AP NEWS
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Iran said Wednesday it gave new details to the United Nations about two sites near Tehran that inspectors say bore traces of man made uranium, part of a wider probe as tensions remain high over the Islamic Republic’s advancing program.
The comments by Mohammad Eslami, the head of Iran’s civilian nuclear program, come as Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers remains in tatters and as Tehran enriches uranium closer than ever to weapons-grade levels. Resolving questions from the International Atomic Energy Agency could see Iran avoid further censure as an October deadline approaches that would lift international restrictions on its ballistic missile program as well.
Speaking after a Cabinet meeting, Eslami said Iran had sent “detailed answers” to the International Atomic Energy Agency.
“If those answers are not accepted and there are any ambiguities or doubts, as we have always said, we will clarify and revise the documents,” Eslami said in comments carried by state television. “We are now in that phase now, and we have given the IAEA more evidence and documents and will give more so that it can move past this issue.”
The Vienna-based IAEA did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press. However, Eslami’s comments mark a change in tone as Iran has limited inspections, held surveillance footage and taken years to respond to the IAEA after then-President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew the United States from the nuclear deal in 2018.
Eslami did not name the sites, though the IAEA has identified them as Turquzabad and Varamin just outside of Tehran. At Varamin, the IAEA in a March report said that inspectors believe Iran used the site from 1999 until 2003 as a pilot project to process uranium ore and convert it into a gas form, which then can be enriched through spinning in a centrifuge. The IAEA said buildings at the site had been demolished in 2004.
Read more on the original:


It may not feel like it, but hope is on the horizon: Trump, Netanyahu and Putin’s powers appear to be waning
China: ‘No point’ in continuing Iran war
Iran war live: Chinese vessels allowed to sail Hormuz as Trump meets Xi
Trump says no need for China’s help on Iran as shippers seek way through Hormuz
The Voter Guide for June 2026 Primary Election
US war on Iran has cost around $29bn, Pentagon says