President Donald Trump on Monday confirmed he spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding Iran and the ongoing negotiations.
In speaking to reporters after the call, he said he reiterated to Netanyahu Washington’s push to make a deal to avoid direct conflict.
“We’re trying to make a deal so that there’s no destruction and death. And we’ve told them that, and I’ve told them that, and I hope that’s the way it works out,” Trump said. “But it might not work out that way.
Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, on Monday issued a warning statement that the agency has not only long been barred access to old and new nuclear sites, but that Iran has scrubbed locations in an apparent move to cover up its activities.
In 2020, the IAEA found man-made particles of enriched uranium at three sites, including Varamin, Marivan and Turquzabad. The locations were previously utilized in Iran’s nuclear program and gave the agency credence to believe Tehran had once again turned to deadly nuclear ambitions.
“Since then, we have been seeking explanations and clarifications from Iran for the presence of these uranium particles, including through a number of high-level meetings and consultations in which I have been personally involved,” Grossi said. “Unfortunately, Iran has repeatedly either not answered, or not provided technically credible answers to, the Agency’s questions.
Read more on original:


It may not feel like it, but hope is on the horizon: Trump, Netanyahu and Putin’s powers appear to be waning
China: ‘No point’ in continuing Iran war
Iran war live: Chinese vessels allowed to sail Hormuz as Trump meets Xi
Trump says no need for China’s help on Iran as shippers seek way through Hormuz
The Voter Guide for June 2026 Primary Election
US war on Iran has cost around $29bn, Pentagon says