Twitter bans account linked to Iran’s supreme leader over Trump assassination threat
New york – Jan 16th 2022
Twitter permanently suspended an account linked to Iran’s supreme leader after it promoted a video depicting the assassination of former President Donald Trump, according to a report.
”The account referenced has been permanently suspended for violating our ban evasion policy,” a Twitter spokesperson told Agence France-Presse on Saturday, referring to the account @KhameneiSite.
The social media giant said its top priority is keeping people safe and protecting the health of conversations on the platform.
The account, linked to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, posted an animated video of a drone last week targeting Trump as he is golfing near Mar-a-Lago, his resort in Florida.
The clip called for revenge for the death of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the elite Quds Force who was killed in a drone strike ordered by Trump near the Baghdad airport on Jan. 3, 2020.
In the video, titled “Revenge is Definite,” a robot spots Trump playing golf with a small group and calls in a drone strike.
Read more on theoriginal:


It may not feel like it, but hope is on the horizon: Trump, Netanyahu and Putin’s powers appear to be waning
China: ‘No point’ in continuing Iran war
Iran war live: Chinese vessels allowed to sail Hormuz as Trump meets Xi
Trump says no need for China’s help on Iran as shippers seek way through Hormuz
The Voter Guide for June 2026 Primary Election
US war on Iran has cost around $29bn, Pentagon says